When Life Gives You Lemons, You Make Warm Lemon water!

8.09.2015

Warm lemon detox water

Apple cider vinegar and warm lemon detox water


Every morning, I have made it a habit for a while now to cleanse my system by drinking some warm lemon water with some apple cider vinegar added to it. I really like that I have this as a part of my morning ritual, to be able to do this as one of the first things on a quiet early morning. For me there is nothing quite like sipping a wam mug full of said lemon water whilst collecting my thoughts and wondering what the day ahead might hold.

I'll explain a little about why I started this ritual and some of the benefits of doing so. From doing some research (not unusual for me as a former scientist!), I have found and experienced first hand a host of good results by incorporating this ritual into my morning routine. Warm lemon water first thing in the morning is said to help balance the pH of the body by alkalising it, it helps flush the liver of toxins as it acts as a diuretic which means it makes you urinate more helping to rid the body of excess water and toxins. It also helps to kickstart the metabolism which is great news if your metabolism is generally sluggish and you need / want to lose a few pounds. Digestion of food is also aided by drinking this warm cup of deliciousness as well as stabilising blood sugar levels and boosting the immune system, not forgetting it is also beneficial for skin and clearing up breakouts due the vitamin C content.

To start this ritual for yourself the super simple method is listed below, your insides will thank you and you will definitely be feeling calm and ready to face the day.

INGREDIENTS
1 Organic unwaxed lemon (a normal lemon can also be used )
1Tbsp Raw Organic apple cider vinegar (Ideally with the mother / starter culture in it)
1cup / mug of warm filtered water


METHOD
Wash and cut the lemon in half
Squeeze the juice of half the lemon into a cup / mug
Add in 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
Top up with some warm but not too hot filtered water
Sip slowly, relax and collect your thoughts.


~ E xx






No comments

Post a Comment

© Peonies & Passionfruit Maira Gall.