Organic Stylish Stripes

7.27.2015


Organic cotton tops

So I have been on hiatus for about a month now, this has been due to a few reasons such as being poorly again with a viral infection and generally feeling fatigued and burnt out. I tend to take on more than I should at times and end up stretching myself too far in too many directions. It is important in life to know when you have reached your limit physically, mentally and emotionally and pencil in some time for a timeout, time to recharge, and reset and get back to your whole self reviewing your core beliefs and healing. During my timeout, I have had time to really think about my goals and my creative direction and I am slowly gaining a new sense of self, and realising that it is also completely okay to say "No" to things as self preservation is healthy.

As most ladies will know, there is nothing like a little retail therapy to perk you up a bit, put a spring back in your step or a smile on your face. I had been on the lookout for a couple of tops that were comfortable, classic, preferably made consciously and with natural fibres. In my search I came across a couple of options from two high street stores that fit the bill and did not cost the earth as these things tend to do. It should be affordable to make conscious consumer choices, looking classic and timelessly stylish without breaking the bank. For me stripes are a classic choice to incorporate into any wardrobe and won't date whilst going from season to season. I am discovering that you can get more conscious items of clothing and items made of organic fibres lately in some of the favourite high street stores, so it is definitely worth a look, great for you, your pocket and the environment too!


~ E xx
Zara organic cotton top, h and m organic cotton


H & M conscious collection organic cotton

2 comments:

  1. So glad you took some time out. We all need to remember that it's ok to say "No" sometimes. And it's very important to step back, breather, refresh and restart or motors.

    As for stripes, snap! Totally classic and can be dressed up and down. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I feel a lot better for taking some time off. Loving stripes at the moment x

      Delete

© Peonies & Passionfruit Maira Gall.