Self love Saturday

11.29.2014

It has been  another grey and chilly Saturday here as we near the end of this month. Can you believe that December is only a few days away, I'm not even going to mention the "C" word!.... how time flies.
As much as I love this time of year and the opportunity to layer up in cosy knits, I cannot deny that sometimes the grey days and early dark nights do get to me. Okay so I won't complain too much about the weather as I really do appreciate the seasons really. Sometimes the simplest of things can help you lift your mood, love yourself more so that you are in a position to pass it on and love those around you. In my case today my chosen self love treat was a D.I.Y mini manicure, this really was a treat for me at least as I am a busy mother who never has the time to "do" my nails most times and usually prefer the au naturel look. Taking a cue from seasonal colours that remind me of warm cosiness, I chose a matte nail polish in the yummy shade of mocha to remind me of warm hot chocolate !mmm,....
An important requirement of mine is that if I am to pretty up any part of my body in any way it has to be with products that have Low/No toxicity and are as near to natural /organic as possible. Now with nail polish it is near on difficult to find a product not laden with chemical and toxic ingredients Luckily things are changing and there are now a few companies with safer options free from three, five and even eleven toxic ingredients. As I only wanted a quick D.I.Y polish and was quite taken by the look of matte nails, I settled on a polish from a UK company Barry.M in matte mocha. I found it went on easily, was just the shade that I was looking for, lifted my mood and more importantly although not the cleanest of polishes it is at least free from the three big known carcinogenic and neuro-toxic culprits namely; Formaldehyde, Toluene and DBP (Dibutylphthalate). The company does not test on animals and best of all the range of nail polishes are definitely not budget busting at £3.99 a pop, this definitely was an autumn / winter pick me up!



No comments

Post a Comment

© Peonies & Passionfruit Maira Gall.